The National Taiwan University of Arts Library was established in October 1955 as an art school reading room. The library was renamed as National Taiwan Academy of Arts Library as school was reorganized at 1960.
The former library building was reconstructed from June 1986 and was reopened at the end of 1989. The present building was under reconstruction since 2006, and was officially inaugurated in 9 September 2010.
The library collection is mainly art- and humanity-related works, audio and video works, and electronic resources. The present collection consists of 187,000 volumes, 22,780 audiovisual works, 6,459 music scores, 85 electronic databases, 25,849 electronic books, 19,577 electronic journals, 593 hardcopy journals, and 17 kinds of newspapers.
Library director: Long-dar Lin
Head of collection and circulation department: Yun-tzai Liu
Head of acquisitions department: Jiun-ting Yang
The library consists of three departments, i.e. acquisitions department, collection & circulation department, and information services department.
The library committee, comprising of faculty representatives from each of the academic departments, assists the library service in expansion and development.
The acquisitions department:
1. Library material acquisition, gift, and exchange.
2. Cataloging, and classification of both Chinese and Western books and non-book materials.
3. Budget control.
The collection & circulation department:
1. Library resources collection and circulation.
2. Reference service.
3. Library tours and resource instruction.
4. Interlibrary loan services.
The information services department:
1. Development and operation of library information service systems (library automation system, web portal, federated search system).
2. Management of library Intranet and entrance guard system.
3. Management of library information facilities.